In Loving Memory Of My Late Father- JAMES GRACE; For Everything You Taught Me, And For All I Have Become. Thanks for teaching me to chase my dreams....R.I.P XX

Monday 8 August 2011

Enchanted Collection Launch-Hussy S/S 2012 @ GPO

Last Friday night I attended the VIP preview and product launch of the latest Hussy Spring/Summer 2012 Enchanted collection at its gorgeous boutique in Melbourne's fashion hub GPO. In true Hussy style, there was bubbly and canapés on arrival with a SPECIAL $50 gift voucher to use on all new collection purchases. The Hussy team was on hand to help celebrate the launch with guest appearance by the lovely designer Marie Ritchie, who flew into town for 6 hrs within her busy schedule specifically for the event...luv the dedication!! Make-up by Motives (currently on its way to OZ-as worn by Kim Kardashian), was available for a little pampering and touch ups, as well as the exclusive opportunity to be the first to pre-order new pieces from the summer range yet to hit stores....AND, go into the draw to win a $1000 wardrobe handpicked exclusively by the stylish designer Marie herself on the night. Not only is she amazingly talented, she has a genuine innate passion for style. We discussed our mutual luv for her iconic brand, which she launched at age 21 back in 1995. She emphasised the importance (especially during tough economic times),  for consumers to get behind independent designers who are producing good quality, well priced products in a fashion world where there is strong competition with high street labels, and fast paced fashion chains by the likes of Zara and Topshop hitting our shores. I chatted w Marie on the night about her inspiration for the latest collection...


"There is a park near my family home growing up in Sydney where I love to spend time. I now live on the other side of it with my family, and It's a really beautiful place where I feel inspired and seek comfort visiting after the passing of my father....walking through there I knew I wanted to call my new collection Enchanted."


I'm loving the colour, the prints, the playsuits, and the gorgeous Hussy signature embellishments and draping of the tops and dresses. Luv my crystal rain top in Ivory, and can't wait for my Angel wings top to arrive (that I pre-ordered knowing already that I will team it with a grey blazer and large tribal necklace). After going through the lookbooks, Im thinking I might even need to get my mits on the Love is a Stranger dress in fantasia print, for a sunny evening or upcoming event xx 


You can shop the collection online or find a store near you here
Hussy's Elle Alihos and Irish Rivera from Stylezilla
Me w Sophi Odling 
MUA Fiona from Motives cosmetics
Hussy shoes x
Head Hussy designer Marie Ritchie w Sophi Odling & Elle Alihos
The Hussy team toasting to a successful night
Hussy's Caitlin McDonald, Andrea Chandler, Belle Cunich & Sophi Odling
Me w Belle Cunich
Me w the gorgeous Marie Ritchie
All images taken by Little Jimmy's Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment